Windmill Stables offers volunteer opportunities and welcomes all volunteers who have an appreciation and love for horses.
Because we are an instructional schooling barn we may be considered for credit for:
- School projects
- Eagle Scout projects
- National Charity League volunteer hours
- Young Men’s Service League volunteer hours
- National Honor Society volunteer hours
- Pony Club volunteer hours
- Community service projects
Windmill Stables also offers a Working Student Volunteer Program which is an opportunity to gain hands on experience in horse care, barn management, and teaching horsemanship. This is a volunteer program to learn more about horse care, barn management, and to gain experience teaching.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Helping other students get their horse ready for lessons
- Tacking up horses for students or instructors
- Setting jump courses, clearing the arena, other lesson set up
- Tack cleaning, stall cleaning, other maintenance
- Taking care of injured horses (with supervision)
Students may log the hours for volunteer credit, internship credit, pony club or other school credit. Instructors will sign paperwork necessary for students to get this credit.